This year, the Alabama Museum of Natural History is celebrating National Fossil Day online! On October 14, 2020, we will be hosting free livestream broadcasts about Paleontology, Paleozoic Oceans, and a special presentation about the Alabama Avocational Paleontologist Award.
Schedule of Virtual Events
- October 14 at 10:00 a.m. – What is Paleontology? with Dr. Adiel Klompmaker (LIVE)
- October 14 at 12:00 p.m. – Discovering Alabama’s Fossil History, Interview with Dr. Doug Phillips (Pre-Recorded Video)
- October 14 at 2:00 p.m. – Paleozoic Oceans with Dr. Alberto Perez-Huerta (LIVE)
- October 14 at 4:00 p.m. – Special Presentation! Tune in then to find out more! (LIVE)
How to Watch:
All content can be found on the ALMNH’s Facebook page and UA Museum’s YouTube channel at the above-mentioned times.
Share YOUR Fossil Collection:
Chat With a Paleontologist:
- Chat with a Paleontologist on Thursday, October 15 via Zoom: Sign up for a small group Zoom session with an actual UA paleontologist!